DQ Bank Finder works across all entities and allows you to find whether a banks exists or not as well the location of the bank via entering a sort code.
This is a step-by-step user guide to help you download, install, and configure the latest DQ Bank Finder solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
1. Firstly, download the following:
*The DQ Additional Info solution is used to store additional information retrieved from the DQ Capture Solutions. If you have previously installed this solution you can ignore this step.
2. Go to Dynamics 365 Settings > Solutions > Import and select the Bank_Finder_Control_AFD.zip file.
3. If you have already installed the DQG Additional Info solution, then you can ignore step 3 and 4 and continue with step 5.
Now, we will install the DQG Additional Info Solution. It will be used to store Additional information retrieved for company.
Download the DQ Additional Info solution.
4. Go to Dynamics 365 Settings > Solutions > Import and select the DQAdditionalInfo_1_0_0_0_managed.zip file.
5. Click Next and Publish All Customization.
Once completed, you need to include the AFD Bank Finder control in the relevant entity. We will consider Account entity. To configure the solution:
Go to Settings > Customization > Customize the System
Expand the ‘Entities’ section,
Find the Entity you wish to add the Bank Finder functionality, and then select ‘Forms’ on the appropriate entity:
Here we have selected Entities> Account> Forms,
Select the appropriate form layout and select Form Properties.
6. Select any text field on which you want to utilize AFD Bank Finder to retrieve Bank Details.
7. In our example we have selected the custom Sort Code field (double click on field to open control properties).
8. Go to > Control Tab & Click > Add control.
9. Look for Bank Finder Control - AFD, click on > Add.
10. Select the platforms in which you would like to bind the control.
10. Enter the AFD Serial Key & AFD Password provided by AFD.
11. Update Endpoint URL if it’s different than the default one provided.
12. Enable Additional Info if you want to store Additional info returned by AFD Services
13. Map Verification Date to Date field, else it will update value in the Additional Info entity.
14. You can either bind other Additional Info fields to control on form or let it get added in Additional Info Entity
15. Now we will setup the DQ Additional Info grid to display additional information for company.
For our demo we will add the Tab on Account Form and will bind the Sub Grid to display company’s Additional Information.
Follow either Approach1 or Approach2 shared in Step 5 to Edit Account form.
16. You can select the One Column Tab from Insert section of Menu.
Update the Tab label to ‘DQ Additional Info’
17. Now to add the Sub Grid for Additional Info, select the newly created ‘DQ Additional Info’ tab and click on the Sub-Grid Menu Item from the top Menu.
The Set Properties Dialog will appear as shown below, we will need to update the Data Source Section.
18. Using the Data Source section, we can bind the DQ Additional Info entities.
First give any valid Unique Name in Name field.
After that inside the Data Source Section, we will select ‘DQAccountAdditionalInfos’ Entity and DQAdditionalInfoView as Default View.
19. To show more rows of the Additional Info data, we will update the Number of Rows field to 10 in the Formatting Tab. After that, click OK to close the Properties Dialog.
20. Once you have completed your configurations, Save and Publish the form.
21. Once your customization has been published, go to the same form you published the control. In our example we applied it to the Account entity, Go to > New (Note: If you have enabled Additional Info then you will need to use solution with existing entity only, as you will be saving additional info data in the respective related entity).
22. For Demo we are using Existing entity to show additional Info Data.
Enter Sort Code to Find Bank Details.
Once you Validate, a response will be returned with Bank details if Sort Code is Valid.
In the below screenshot, as we bound the BranchBIC, BankBIC, BranchType and BranchName fields, those are populated with response returned instead of getting added into the additional Info entity.
23. If you navigate to the Additional Info Tab, you will see the Additional Info data for Validation for fields which are not bounded to control.