DQ Bank Account Verification works across all entities and allows users to verify whether or not a bank account can be verified via entering a sort code and account number.
This is a step-by-step user guide to help you download, install, and configure the latest DQ Bank Account Validation solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
1. Firstly, download the following:
*The DQ Additional Info solution is used to store additional information retrieved from the DQ Capture Solutions. If you have previously installed this solution you can ignore this step.
2. Go to Dynamics 365 Settings > Solutions > Import and select the Account_Validation_Control_AFD.zip file.
3. If you have already installed the DQG Additional Info solution, then you can ignore step 3 and 4 and continue with step 5. Now, we will install DQG Additional Info Solution it will be used to store Additional information retrieved for company.
Download the DQ Additional Info solution.
4. Go to Dynamics 365 Settings > Solutions > Import and select the DQAdditionalInfo_1_0_0_0_managed.zip file.
5. Click Next and Publish All Customization.
Once completed, you need to include the AFD Account Validation control in the relevant entity. We will consider Account entity. To configure the solution:
Go to Settings > Customization > Customize the System
Expand the ‘Entities’ section,
Find the Entity in which you wish to add the Account Number Validation functionality, and then select ‘Forms’ on the appropriate entity:
Here we have selected Entities> Account> Forms,
Select the appropriate form layout and select Form Properties.
6. Select any text field in which you want to utilize AFD Account Validation functionality.
7. In our example we have selected the custom Account Number field (double click on the field to open control properties).
8. Go to > Control Tab & Click > Add control
9. Look for Account Validation Control - AFD, click on > Add
10. Select the platforms in which you would like to bind the control.
10. Enter the AFD Serial Key & AFD Password provided by AFD.
11. Update End Point URL if it’s different than default one provided.
12. Map Sort Code field for Account validation using Sort Code configuration
13. Enable Additional Info if you want to store Additional info returned by AFD Services
14. Map Verification Date to Date field, else it will be update value in Additional Info entity
15. You can either bind Roll Number, Type of Account, Clearing System & IBAN as an additional Info field or let it get added in Additional Info Entity.
16. Now we will setup the DQ Additional Info grid to display additional information for company.
For our demo we will add Tab on Account Form and will bind Sub Grid to display company’s Additional Information.
Follow either Approach1 or Approach2 shared within Step 5 to Edit Account form.
17. You can select One Column Tab from Insert section of Menu.
Update Tab label to ‘DQ Additional Info’
18. Now to add the Sub Grid for Additional Info, select the newly created ‘DQ Additional Info’ tab and click on the Sub Grid Menu Item from the top Menu
The Set Properties Dialog will appear as shown below, we will need to update the Data Source Section.
19. Using the Data Source section, we can bind the DQ Additional Info entities.
First give any valid Unique Name in the Name field.
After that, inside the Data Source Section, we will select ‘DQAccountAdditionalInfos’ Entity and DQAdditionalInfoView as Default View.
20. To show more rows of Additional Info data, we will update the Number of Rows field to 10 in the Formatting Tab. After that, click OK to close the Properties Dialog.
21. Once you have completed your configurations, Save and Publish the form.
22. Once your customization has been published, go to the same form you published the control. In our example we applied it to the Account entity, Go to > New (Note: If you have enabled Additional Info then you will need to use solution with existing entity only, as you will be saving additional info data in the respective related entity)
23. For the Demo we are using Existing entity to show additional Info Data.
Enter Account Number and Sort Code to validate Account Number.
Once you Validate, the response will be returned if Account Number is Validated or not.
In the below screenshot, as we bound IBAN and Clearing System fields, those are populated with response returned instead of getting added in additional Info entity.
24. If you navigate to Additional Info Tab, you will see Additional Info data for Validation for fields which are not bounded to the control.