This page contains a step-by-step guide to create Client ID and Client Secret to connect to Dynamics 365.
Firstly, we need to create an Azure AD app and set some parameters.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to https://portal.azure.com/#home
2. Log in using an account with administrator permission.
3. In the Azure portal, Expand the Portal Menu and select Azure Active Directory → App Registrations → New Registration
4. In the Register an application page, enter your application's registration information,
a) Enter a suitable App Name
b) Select Accounts in any organizational directory (Any Azure AD directory - Multitenant) option from the Supported account types
c) Set RedirectURI (optional) to Public client/native (mobile & desktop).
d) Click Register to create an application.
5. This will bring you to the app overview page. Here, hover over Application (client) ID value, and select the Copy to clipboard icon to copy the value and save as you'll need this later.
6. Now, Set API Permissions:
a) Select API permissions tab from Portal Menu.
b) Click on Add a permission.
c) Select Dynamics CRM from Microsoft APIs tab.
d) Click on Delegated Permissions and check the user_impersonation permission
e) Click on Add Permissions at the bottom.
7. Next, we must generate a Client Secret for the App. In the App click on Certificates & Secrets. Click on New client Secret.
8. Now, provide a name and choose Expire duration and click Add.:
9. Copy the Client secret value as You will need to share it with DQ.
Note: This value can only been seen once, after you leave this page you will not be able to retrieve this value again.
Those are the steps to complete the registration of your application in Azure Active Directory.
10. Creation of Application user and assigning role:
a) Configure Application user in Dynamics 365 Admin Centre
b) Sign in to the Power Platform admin center (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments) as a System Administrator.
c) Select Environments, and then select an environment from the list.
d) Select Settings.
e) Select Users + permissions, and then select Application users.
f) Select + New app user to open the Create a new app user page.
g) Select + Add an app to choose the registered Azure AD application that was created for the selected user.
h) After selecting App, now Select Add
i) The selected Azure AD app is displayed under App. Under Business Unit, select a business unit from the dropdown list.
j) After choosing a business unit, you can select Edit (Pencil) Icon for Security roles to choose security roles for the chosen business unit to add to the new application user.
k) Now select DQGAdmin Role from Role List and click Save after that.
Note: You will need to install the DQForDynamics Solution for the DQGAdmin Role to be available.
l) Click Save.
Please share Client ID (Application ID) From Step 11 and Client secret value from Step 15 with DQ Global.
Please share the details on the following form: https://www.dqglobal.com/provisioning/
Please return to the Installation Guide to continue on Step 2.